August 15, 2008

"Doing a Muddiz"

The last couple of days I have been a little unfocused and doing what Muddiz claims to be her specialt talent: really, really stupid things.

First there was the Chocolate Mousse incident.
I wanted to make Choclate Mousse, but even though I stirred for a very long time the mousse just wouldn't thicken. It turned out that I had poured the milk into a measuring cup designated for flour, effectively using twice as much milk as I needed. It was a great chocolate milk shake though.

Then there was the Coca Cola incident.
I had poured myself a cup of Diet Coke when I realized that I had spilled some on the floor. It was really just a tiny spot, but I wanted to clean it up anyway, so I turned around to grab some kitchen paper. Imagine how smart it would have been to remove the filled glass first. It was standing on the divider between the upper and lower half of the fridge and when the door slammed shut it knocked the glass over and there was Coke all over the place. I will try to look on the bright side here and say that one could at least not make out that one tiny spot in the large Diet Coke sea that was our kitchen floor anymore. Worst of all: this is not the first time I have made that mistake, but rather the fourth or fifth (plus some "almost accidents"). And I got lucky this time as most of the Coke ran down the outside of the fridge. On other occasions I have had to empty and clean the complete lower half of the fridge. I just don't learn...

And then, today, there was another Chocolate Mousse incident.
I do not only seem to eat Chocolate Mousse way to often, I definitely seem to stupid to prepare it correctly. Even though, in all fairness, the preparation as such was not the problem this time. Everything worked fine until I wanted to clean up. I took the hand mixer to the sink and pressed the button to release the beaters. Which would have been fine, had I been using my usual hand mixer. I was using another one though and that one did not have a button to release the beaters. Instead I turned it on and Chocolate Mousse flew everywhere. Until I figured out what was happening there was mousse all over the place. Another not-so-bright moment.

P.S.: My Muddiz-ness also seems to rub off on other people. Moving our new tv into the living room yesterday my husband destroyed the display of our (also new) telephone. He managed to overlook that a unit of his stereo system (plus remote control) was still left in the old tv bench and when he moved it that unit fell out and on our phone. The tv bench only had 4 shelves and the unit we are talking about here is a black box that contrasted nicely with the light pine wood the tv bench is made of. Plus the remote. But hey, I had already done so many stupid things - who am I to point the finger.

No comments: