August 18, 2008

Why I want to be a Teletubbie

Sitting in front of the tv this morning, half-awake and half-asleep, I suddenly realized that the Teletubbies probably are so very cheery because they lead a pretty sweet life. Their life is so great, in fact, that I wanna be one of them. Let's look at the facts:

TELETUBBIES

- live in a place where the grass is nice and green and the sun shines all day, every day
- get their food from a machine that is easy to operate and obviously never needs maintenance
- have a weird vacuum-cleaning-creature called Noo-noo that automatically cleans up any spilled food and keeps the place looking neat at all times
- sleep as long as they want to and always look rested
- spend their days watching tv and indulging in their hobbies

EVIL BAMBI

- lives in Sweden where the summer has once again been a rainy and stormy disappointment
- has to feed Pontus several times a day while not being given any time or chance to eat anything herself
- is the weird vacuum-cleaning-creature of the household, as nothing cleans itself
- gets to sleep only until Pontus wakes up and/or her husband is off to work, never feeling (or looking, for that matter) rested
- spends her waking hours tending to the every wish of a needy, uncontrollable, neckless little person

And that's why I want to be a Teletubbie.

No comments: