September 19, 2008

Emergency babysitting

A couple of months ago my husband and I got invited to his cousin's wedding. Unfortunately we lost the invitation pretty much right away, so we were not 100% sure on which day the wedding was. I thought I remembered that it was at the end of October and for some reason we accepted that as a fact without checking again. Guess how shocked we were to discover that the wedding was actually THIS SATURDAY. Not only had we not put together clothes, we also did not have a babysitter for Pontus, which was a real disaster. He is so active right now, there's no way we could take him with us. But who should we ask? All of my husband's family will be at the wedding, Muddiz and her family are celebrating Milton's birthday that day and all of my friends are out of town. Of course I could have put Pontus on a plane to Berlin with a little note around his neck (like Paddington bear) and then have my friend Sarah look after him, but I have a hunch that Child Protective Services would not have liked that.

In the end we asked Muddiz and her husband and they agreed to help out. I can not tell you how relieved and grateful I am. With the party and packing for their trip to Turkey they really have better things to do than look after our little monster.
The two Raffaello we have left - they are theirs! And as soon as I get an opportunity there will be more Raffaello coming their way!

No comments: