After another tiny bleeding yesterday morning my husband and I drove to the hospital where it was discovered that I had lost the baby. I basically have a normally developed amniotic sack and my body still believes that I am pregnant (with all the usual symptoms), but there is no baby (anymore). What exactly went wrong couldn't be determined and I can honestly say that it would not make a difference for me to know. When the pregnancy ends so early on it is most likely that the baby had a genetic defect or was not viable in another way. Nothing I could have done or not done would have made a difference.
I was, and still am, sad. But I am also grateful for knowing the truth and lucky because I went to a doctor and the miscarriage was discovered so early on. I "lost" 7 weeks of pregnancy, but a lot of people do not find out about those kinds of miscarriages until the routine ultrasound in week 17. Imagine that!
I will have to go back to the hospital next week to see how everything has developed and if I need further medical help. And then I guess we take it from there.
But there won't be a May baby...
September 09, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment