May 23, 2008

My movie theater moment

Have you ever gone to see a movie and then found yourself sitting close to the guy with the big bag of popcorn? The kind of bag that makes you realize instantly that you will most probably not be able to hear anything of what's being said in the movie?

I attract these people like cow dung attracts flies, so I have had my share of encounters of the rustling kind. And yesterday I had another one, but this time baby-style.

Hoping to get some much-needed rest I lay down with Pontus on the beds in what currently is our guest room. He seemed content, looking around the room, so I closed my eyes. The next thing I know is that he has somehow gotten hold of a plastic bag that had been lying on the other bed and is happily playing with it. How he did it - I don't know. But when I tried to take the bag away from him he started to scream. So I lay beside him as he tore at that plastic bag with all of his hands and feet, while regularly turning to me to check that I had not managed to fall asleep anyway. 15 minutes and a pounding headache later I gave up.

In the fight of "Man vs. Plastic bag", the plastic bag came out a clear winner!

No comments: