I just spent those precious hours after Pontus has fallen asleep and before I go to bed to learn how to use Inkscape. Inkscape is a vector graphics editor with which I hope to one day create some fancy images for my blog - if I ever understand what all those buttons and menus are for. Right now, it doesn't look like that will ever happen.
For an easy start I took my existing blog design and altered the colours, from greens to different shade of, you guessed it, pink. I clicked and I dragged and I dropped and I copied and I selected. And in the end I saved.
It was not until I tried to open the files that I found out that while Inkscape lets you save your images in GIF format, it does not create usable files. Whatever I do, and I have tried everything, the files are corrupted. I get either an error message or a blank sheet and there is nothing I can do to fix it.
Time lost, lesson learned...
July 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment