July 31, 2008

Mother's little helper

An Aspirin a day keeps the headache away.
That could be the motto of my life at the moment, if I wasn't in fact taking Alvedon or Ipren instead of Aspirin and definitely popping more than one pill a day either way .

I am stuck in a migraine-inducing nightmare, a combination of warm weather and a teething baby that makes taking painkillers a daily routine. The headaches I get are so intense that the slightest movements cause pain.

I have always made it a point to avoid taking headache pills, so I am not used to being all drugged up and will use this as an excuse for just about anything.
I pull weird faces and drool uncontrollably? It's because I'm drugged up.
I eat too much chocolate and neglect my chores? It's because I'm drugged up.
I let my crying baby lie in his crib while I go away and write this post? It's because I'm drugged up.

No comments: