For the longest time I did not really care about make-up to start with. When you weigh as much as I did some colour in the face won't do much to improve your appearance. And I certainly did not want to look like Mimi Bobeck from The Drew Carey Show:

But now that I am leaner and meaner than ever I embrace the idea of beautifying myself in every way possible.
Being a 30 year old make-up virgin is not easy though. My attempts at "learning by doing" usually include me poking a little brush into my eye, curling my eyelashes so much that I resemble Liza Minelli during her Cabaret days from the lower eyelid up and creating an interesting stripe pattern on my face with foundation.
Enough with the self-mutilation and swamp monster looks - it is time to get professional help! But where?
I know that Kicks and Make Up Store both offer courses, but I detest the idea of basically sitting in their store window and having people look at me. Then there's Axelssons Spa, but they only use their special mineral-based make-up. On the plus side I could combine a make-up consultation there with a nice, relaxing massage.
Any other suggestions?
1 comment:
There is Mary K (or something like that) that have free consultations (in hopes that you will buy their products) for groups (two people or more) in your home or at their saloon (no store window). They let you put on all the make up your self under guidance. If you are interested I can fix a "homeparty" after the holliday...
Post a Comment