June 13, 2008

Diaper bag issues

The first diaper bag we bought was chosen more with focus on how well it would match our stroller than actual functionality. That was, of course, a huge mistake, as we wound up with a bag that is as wide as it is deep, making it very hard to keep it organized. The bag is very spacious, but everything important tends to wind up at the bottom of it. It also only has one fairly short zipper, which means that in order to get to the bottles or the diapers one needs to unpack everything through a tiny opening. At the end of the day my hands and arms often were so full of scratchmarks from the zipper that I looked as if I had wrestled a Siberian Wildcat.

When the weather got better I quickly ditched that diaper bag and started using one of my regular shoulder bags. It is open, which is why I can not use it in bad weather, but at the same time it makes it really easy to rummage around in it. My new "diaper changing kit" now consists of 2 diapers that I put in a Ziplock bag, a little package of wet wipes and a small towel that I use as a changing mat. That is more than enough and works very well. But I want to improve upon perfection and I think I have found the solution:

Low and behold, the OiOi Floral Bouquet Change Mat Kit.





I could put the diapers and wet wipes in it and leave the towel at home. And if I need to go and change Pontus' diaper I can just grab it from the big bag and don't need to carry everything else with me. Plus it is really pretty, unlike a lot of other, similar products that I have seen.

I like it!

1 comment:

Muddiz said...

Very very pretty. Me want too!