Yesterday, however, my inner Uber-mother came out and demanded that I don't waste food but instead turn it into healthy, self-made fruit puree for Pontus. And so I found myself standing in the kitchen last night, equipped with a hand blender and the fierce determination to make the best damn puree ever.
The mix of 1 nectarine and 1 banana turned out to be too runny, so 2 more bananas were sacrificed to the puree god. And then 1 pear. And 1 apple. In the end the puree was just as runny as before, there was just much more of it. So much more in fact that I wasn't sure I had enough containers to fill the mud-coloured slime into. (Really, how do the big manufacturers manage to make their puree so viscous? Do I even want to know?)
I gave Pontus a spoonful to see if the puree was worth saving and he seemed to like it. Actually, he liked it so much that he ran after me in his little baby walker to get some more, constantly driving into my heels as I tried to pour freezable portions.
Being an Uber-mother hurts...
No comments:
Post a Comment