He just never really warmed up to the seat unit of our Gesslein F2. Everything went well for about a week, but after that he would not stop screaming and throwing himself around whenever we put him in the stroller. He even tried to climb out a couple of times.
Things got better when we turned the seat unit so that it was facing forward, something that is really not recommended for children younger than 1 year. But Pontus seemed to be so happy not to have to see my face all the time that I could actually go out for a walk with him. As soon as I stopped walking, however, the screaming started again, so I had to find some unconventional ways to constantly keep the stroller in motion.
When we went to Germany we tried the stroller my parents bought (a Römer/Britax Yanis) and Pontus just loved it. He could sit up in it and lean forward, which made a big difference. The seat unit of our Gesslein stroller is (similar to that of the Bugaboo) pre-shaped in a way that it can not be adjusted for Pontus to sit completely upright. But now that he has learned how to sit and lean he does not want to be half-lying on his back, looking up at the sky (or me) anymore.
So we went today and bought him a stroller similar to the one my parents have: the Babytravel Clik Clak.
They had a special price for the camouflage one and it was actually not that ugly (and a little more colourful than plain black), so we took it. It also folds up nice and compact, so I will maybe take it with me a little more often than I could be bothered to pack the big Gesslein Stroller.
I do have a vague feeling though, that this was not the last stroller we will buy...
No comments:
Post a Comment